These are delicious and easy to make. This recipe is free of wheat, milk, eggs, corn, soy and yeast.
1 1/2 cup barley flour
1/2 cup light molasses
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. unbuffered vitamin & crystals (or ½ tsp. lemon or lime juice)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup oil
- Combine the flour, baking soda, vitamin C crystals, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Mix together the molasses and oil and stir into the dry ingredients until they are just blended in.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet and flatten the cookies to about 1/4 thickness with your fingers held together.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Makes 11/2 to 2 dozen cookies.
Allergy Cooking With Ease, by Nicolette M. Dumke, 1991, by Starburst, Inc., Lancaster, PA., USED BY PERMISSION