This grain-free bread is delicious for breakfast or dessert. This recipe is free of all grains (including wheat and corn), gluten, milk, eggs, soy, yeast, and refined sugar.
2 cups quinoa flour
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp. unbuffered vitamin C crystals
3/4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine the flours, baking soda, vitamin C crystals, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix together the oil, applesauce, and juice, and stir them into the dry ingredients until they are just mixed in.
- Pour the batter into an oiled and floured 8” by 4” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the bread is brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out dry.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for about 10 minutes, and then remove it from the pan to finish cooling. Makes one loaf.
Allergy Cooking With Ease, by Nicolette M. Dumke, 1991 by Starburst, Inc., Lancaster, PA. USED BY PERMISSION